Friday 9 July 2010

Friends

Sometimes I worry about friends. It's easy at school to worry that I do not know who my friends are. I am friends with quite a few groups of people and sometimes that can feel like I don't have any close friends. But I have found that the more I get involved with church and the more I focus on God, the more proper friends he blesses me with. God provides our needs, and often I forget that that means he will provide good relationships for me also.



friends.jpg



Yesterday I had a fabulous evening with some fabulous friends who I have been really blessed with. They make me laugh uncontrollably and more importantly I feel comfortable around them. They are major parts of my journey with God. 
Amy and Charlee. 
Yesterday evening I met a lovely friend of Amy's, we had an outstandingly delicious curry cooked by Amy's dad, and we watched some rather lovely films. I have never eaten so much popcorn. 
Now Amy, I have known for quite a while but in the last year or so I feel we have grown much closer together. She is brilliant. Charlee, I have only known for just over a year and I think she's hilarious and lovely. Now I can't mention them, without mentioning Anna. Anna like Amy, has been a friend for quite a while and is always there making me giggle about something ridiculous - however the lucky Anna is currently in America holidaying. They are friends I can pray with, and laugh with. They are all fantastic girls. I hope that I am a fraction as fantastic as them. All of them are going to do amazing things for God. I mean AMAZING! Seriously, the future is so exciting. 
Writing about my friends reminds me that God is my best friend. Sounds so cheesy but its true. I mean what is a best friend? A best friend is someone you trust, someone who listens, someone who encourages, someone who you don't mind if they correct you, someone who makes you laugh, someone who you are comfortable around, someone who knows everything about you. That is so God. He is trustworthy, listens to everything, encourages, corrects our ways, is a bit of a joker, and who we can be comfortable around. He knows everything - my secrets, my fears, my failures, the things I love. He cares for us and loves us. 

John 15:13
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

God is our friend.
 In Romans 5:10 it says,  "For since our friendship with God was restored...we will certainly be saved..." . Because of Jesus' death on the cross, God is our friend. 
I don't need to worry about relationships. He is the creator of relationships. 
 God, I am so grateful for my friends. Please help me to be a good friend. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment